Symposium General chair
Hsiao-Hwa Chen National Cheng Kung University
Symposium Program co-chairs
Jalel Ben-Othman University of Versailles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mateo Cesana Politecnico di Milano (email@example.com)
Sponsoring Technical Committees:
ACM Q2SWinet 2011 is the 7th Annual International Symposium on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks. Q2SWinet will be a symposium, held in conjunction with the 14-th Annual ACM/IEEE Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MsWim 2011). The symposium will bring together networking researchers, engineers, and practitioners with participants from industry, academia, and government. Q2SWinet 2011 will be held in the period October 31- November 4, 2011 in Miami Beach, FL, USA
In recent years, wireless and mobile communication systems have become increasingly popular as an inexpensive and promising means for ubiquitous communications. In this scenario, the QoS provisioning and the management of network security have become crucial tasks to determine the success of future generation wireless mobile networks. This symposium calls for cutting-edge research achievements on the provisioning of QoS and Security in wireless and mobile networks.
Authors are encouraged to submit full papers presenting new research related to theory or practice of all aspects of Quality of Service and Security issues in mobile and wireless systems. Submitted papers must not have been published elsewhere, nor currently under review in other conferences or journals.
Topics at a Glance
The topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Security in Wireless MANETs, VANETs, Sensor, Mesh and PCS Networks
- Secure PHY, MAC and Routing Protocols
- Secure Cooperation-Based Systems and Services
- Security in Cognitive Radio Networks
- Intrusion Detection in Wireless Ad hoc and Sensor Networks
- Privacy, anonymity and authentication
- Trust Establishment
- Cooperation and Prevention of Non-cooperative Behavior
- Incentive Aware Secure Protocol Design
- QoS for Wireless Multimedia Networks and Systems
- QoS for Wireless/Wired Hybrid Systems
- QoS support and Mobility Management in Wireless Internet
- QoS-Aware Routing for Wireless Networks
- QoS Metrics
- Wireless Network Survivability
- Wireless Systems Reliability
- Field operating tests, Performance Modeling and Simulation Techniques
- Real-time and QoS-aware Wireless Networks
- Paper Submission and Publication
High-quality original papers are solicited. Papers must be unpublished and must not be submitted for publication elsewhere. All papers will be reviewed by Technical Program Committee members and other experts active in the field to ensure high quality and relevance to the symposium. Short papers might be included in the technical program to complete it and foster discussion and idea exchange.
Please refer to the "Paper Submission" section for more detailed instructions paper submission. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings to be published by ACM press-Approval Pending (see previous editions on the ACM digital library).
Additional questions can be directly submitted to Q2SWINET 2011 Program Chair, Pr. J. Ben-Othman